
For this week's required reading post I'm gonna nit pick about chapter 8 in pr 2.0. I've talked about the social networking revolution before and will again, so the focus of that in the chapter is going to become dangerously old.
So i'm going to focus on a part of the chapter where the author talks about firefox and open source. I want to devote a future more in depth post about open sourcing but as for now, i'm just going to talk about the chapter's claim that social networking was the key to firefox's success because without social networking, the open sourcing wouldn't have been possible. I don't think this view is entirely accurate. We can see evidence of open sourcing far before the modern day type of social networking we see now. The open source concept is something that gained greater speed with the advent of the internet and social networking on the web. However that is hardly unique to opensource style of innovation.
No comments:
Post a Comment